Random Thoughts on a Random Day
Swearing-In Day has always felt sort of random to me. Legislators have been largely gone for months. Then they pop up for a day. Then they are gone again for a month. Usually falls right after Thanksgiving. Often falls on the new holiday of "Cyber Monday." Some of the same folks wearing suits today will be wearing t-shirts tomorrow. Like I said, just for of random.
So in that theme here are some other random thoughts:
* Liberating but weird having no official responsibilities.
* I'm sure others will find in weird seeing me spending more of my day with the red than the green carpet.
* Will certainly miss some of the incumbents not returning (in particular those who were not re-elected in November).
* Wait, it's December already?
* Some really decent folks in the incoming class.
* Hoping no first day bills are introduced impacting the Elections Code or Political Reform Act. Come on give us a month.
That's enough for now. Enjoy your day all.